You Can Order An Entire Thanksgiving Meal Ahead Of Time
Here's the scoop on all the 'Thanksgiving in a box' options out there!
Even if it seems like Thanksgiving is still far away, it’s never too soon to start planning. If you’re heading somewhere for the feast, you’ll likely only need to come up with one fabulous dish. If you’re hosting, however, it’s going to take a lot more work.
If the thought of roasting a turkey and baking a pie is sending you into a pumpkin-scented downward spiral, we totally get it and are here to help! Luckily, there are a bunch of companies that understand how stressful it can be to host family for the holidays. From Sam’s Club to HelloFresh and even Williams-Sonoma, you’ll find a variety of “Thanksgiving boxes” that will make Turkey Day fun instead of stressful.
We’ve rounded up a handful of these boxes and figured out just what you’ll be getting and how much it’ll cost you. Take a look.
Boston Market offers eight different choices for their Thanksgiving meal delivery, so you’re sure to please everyone at your table. The meal will arrive at your home between Nov. 15–20, depending on when you place your order. Choose from a turkey breast, ham or both for 4–6 guests or as many as 12. Some meals come complete with sides and dessert, while others offer just the “essentials.” Below, you’ll find what’s included in the largest choice, the combo boneless ham and boneless turkey breast meal for 12.
Cost: $69.99 – $119.99, plus shipping (total of around $89.99 – $139.98)
- Boneless Roasted Turkey Breast (3.5 – 4.5 lbs.)
- Half Boneless Honey-Glazed Ham (3.5 – 4.5 lbs.)
- Spinach Artichoke Dip (1 pkg – 30oz.)
- Crackers (1 box – 4.25 oz.)
- Mashed Potatoes (2 pkgs – 32 oz. each)
- Gravy (2 pkgs – 24 oz. each)
- Home Style Stuffing (2 pkgs – 22 oz. each)
- Cranberry Walnut Relish (2 pkgs – 12 oz. each)
- Dinner Rolls (2 bags – 12 total)
- 9-inch Apple Pie (1 total)
- 9-inch Pumpkin Pie (1 total)
Williams-Sonoma offers a whopping 16 choices for your Thanksgiving meal! Serving sizes range from 4–12 and include choices like roasted or smoked turkey, a meal by Trisha Yearwood and even an entire gluten-free dinner. If you’re not feeling turkey, you can also order just sides, then choose a different main entree, like prime rib. You must order by Friday, Nov. 16, and your meal will arrive Nov. 20–21. Below you will find what’s included in the herb-roasted turkey breast dinner for four ($179).
Cost: $179-$449, plus shipping
- Turkey Breast infused with basil, thyme, fennel and lavender
- Green Bean Casserole
- Butter Chive Mashed Potatoes
- Pumpkin Pie
While Cracker Barrel does not offer delivery, if you have a restaurant near you, your Thanksgiving meal can be picked up before the holiday and stored in the refrigerator, or you can pick it up on Thanksgiving. If you’re picking up the meal before Thanksgiving, it can be baked at home and ready to serve up to 10 people in less than two hours. If you don’t want to spend any time in your kitchen, you can also pre-order a dinner for six and pick it up the day you plan to serve it. Below you’ll find what’s included in the Heat n’ Serve Holiday Family Meal To-Go that you can pick up before Thanksgiving.
Cost: Call your local Cracker Barrel for pricing
- Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- Cornbread Dressing
- Cranberry Relish
- Choice of Three Sides
- Sweet Yeast Rolls
- Pumpkin Pie
- Pecan Pie
This is the first year HelloFresh is launching a Thanksgiving box. You must place your order by Nov. 8 and the box will be delivered between Nov. 13–18. With the HelloFresh box, you’ll be getting ingredients and recipes, not a fully-cooked meal. The box serves 8–10 people.
Cost: Pricing starts at $14.90 per serving, plus shipping, for a total of around $158. A sides and dessert box (everything except the turkey) is also available starting at $8.90 per person, plus shipping.
- Roasted Turkey with a Garlic Herb Butter and Pan Gravy
- Cranberry Sauce with Orange, Ginger, and Cinnamon
- Classic Gravy with Garlic and Herbs
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Crispy Fried Sage
- Cranberry and Chicken Sausage Stuffing with Celery, Thyme, and Sage
- Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots and a Crispy Breadcrumb and Almond Topping
- Apple Ginger Crisp with Cinnamon Pecan Crumble
While Sam’s Club does not offer a pre-packaged meal, they’ve broken down the cost of buying the complete meal at the warehouse club. Not only can you prepare their meal in less than an hour, but you can also feed 16 guests for less than $50, shaking out to $3.10 per person.
Cost: $49.70 for 16 guests
- Organic French Green Beans (Two at $5.48 each, total cost of $10.96)
- Member’s Mark 100% Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes ($5.98)
- Member’s Mark 12” Pumpkin Pie ($6.98)
- Member’s Mark Yeast Rolls ($5.98)
- Member’s Mark Hickory Smoked Whole Turkey – Fully Cooked ($19.80)
Whole Foods offers two Thanksgiving meals, a classic roasted turkey and an organic roasted turkey. Each serves either four or eight and includes all the fixings like turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing. The last day to order for Thanksgiving is Nov. 20, and you can pick up your meal at the location you order it from between Nov. 14 and 23. All food is fully prepared and just needs to be reheated.
What’s included (classic and organic):
- Roast Turkey
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Traditional Herb Stuffing
- Holiday Turkey Gravy
- Cranberry Orange Sauce
- Green Beans with Crispy Garlic and Parsley or Organic Creamed Spinach and Kale
Harry & David
Harry & David offers a gourmet ham or turkey feast delivered to your door complete with sides and dessert. Express two-day shipping is included.
Cost: $199 for turkey, $214 for ham
- Ready-to-heat oven-roasted turkey (10 lb)
- Apple sausage stuffing (1 lb 14 oz)
- Parmesan Creamed Spinach (1 lb 14 oz)
- Brown sugar sweet potatoes (1 lb 15 oz)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake (2 lb)
- Classic turkey gravy (13.5 oz)
- Cranberry relish with orange zest (1 lb)
- Spiral-sliced ham with honey glaze mix (7 lbs 8 oz)
- Creamy snap peas with bacon (1 lb 13 oz)
- Three-cheese scalloped potatoes (1 lb 14 oz)
- Artichoke and bacon frittata (1 lb 14 oz)
- Signature New York-style cheesecake (2 lbs)
Will you be ordering a pre-made Thanksgiving meal this year or making all of it from scratch?
This story originally appeared on Simplemost.