Everyone wants their home to be impeccably decorated, but getting the right pieces can end up getting really expensive. Luckily, you don’t have to spend a ton of money to have some attractive decor, and with a little creativity and handiwork, you can make your own wall art at home.
DIY canvas art is a cheap and fast way to add some flavor to your household walls. All you need is a canvas, some fabric, sticky letters, spray paint and a staple gun. You can custom-make these fabric canvases to match the look of your decor, so you can pick a piece of fabric and paint color that looks best with your existing color scheme.
The cool thing about this canvas art is you can spell out whatever you’d like. You then spray the paint over the sticky letters, and once it dries, you peel it off, and the saying is revealed on the remaining fabric. Check out the video yourself to see how to make this fun and easy craft.
- Colorful fabric
- Sticky letters
- Spray paint
- Staple gun
- Exacto knife (optional)
- Cover the canvas with fabric. Pull tight and secure with staple gun on the back, making sure you staple it in the center of all sides so it stays put.
- Place sticky letters in a phrase of your choice on the fabric. Tip: Measure the center of the board. Start from the center, and work your way outwards. Lay the letters out to see how they can be arranged before sticking them on.
- Lightly spray paint over entire canvas so paint doesn’t bleed under the letters (it may not fully coat).
- Let dry for 10 minutes.
- Spray another coat to fully cover.
- When dry, peel off letters. Use a craft/exacto knife to help peel the letters off, if needed.