Make This Vinaigrette And Never Buy The Bottled Stuff Again
Ever since I made this super tasty vinaigrette I’ve never had to grab a bottle at the supermarket. The store-bought stuff is full of high-fructose corn syrup, preservatives and other junk. But this stuff is like liquid gold.
All you need are shallots, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, mustard, salt and pepper. Jam it all into a mason jar, screw on the lid and shake it up. Presto, amazing salad dressing with simple ingredients and no fuss.
- 1 Shallot Finely Minced
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- Small Handful of Freshly Chopped Parsley
- Tablespoon Honey
- Spoonful of Mustard (Djon, Course Ground, etc)
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Add minced shallot to mason jar
- Add lemon juice
- Mix the two and let sit for 30 minutes in the mason jar
- After set, add olive oil
- Add some parsley (doesn’t have to be exact)
- Add a tablespoon of honey (doesn’t have to be exact)
- Add mustard
- Add salt / pepper
- Put on lid and shake
For a full video on the steps and instructions, click here.
(h/t Southern Living)
This story originally appeared on Simplemost.