Here’s A Super Simple Way To Make A “Lemon Fresh” Fruit Fly Trap
With fresh fruit season in full swing, those little fruit flies are making their way into your kitchen. While more of a nuisance than anything else, it’s still one of those things you’d just rather not have in your kitchen.
A friend tried this technique and was raving about it, so I thought I’d pass it along. It only takes a few minutes and you get the bonus of a lemon-fresh scented room afterwards – a win-win.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 lemon
- Small plastic container (with lid)
- Flat head screwdriver
- Stove burner (or lighter)
- Cut a lemon in a half
- Squeeze the juice into a small plastic container and then place the lemon inside
- Put on the lid
- Use a stove burner or lighter to warm up the tip of a screwdriver
- When the tip is hot, use it to poke a hole in the lid
- Set the trap by your fruit and watch the little buggers get trapped inside
After you’ve collected the fruit flies, put the container in the microwave for 15-30 seconds. This will kill all the flies and at the same time leave your house smelling fresh and clean.
This story originally appeared on Simplemost.