Here’s How To Make Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte That’s Better Than Starbucks
Fall brings with it a ton of seasonal treates. But the best of one might just be the pumpkin spice latte. Starbucks brought this amazing concoction to the masses. But buying a “PSL” on a regular basis at Starbucks can really put a dent in your wallet.
Thankfully, we’ve come across an amazing homemade recipe for pumpkin spice latte from A Farmgirl’s Dabbles that’s just as good as Starbucks, cheaper and maybe healthier too! The best part about this recipe is that it can be made in bulk so you can have an entire week of delicious drinks ready to go.
For the mixture (makes 7-8 drinks):
- 1 15-oz. Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 2 c. Whole Milk
- 1/2 c. Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 c. Brown Sugar
- 2 T. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 T. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Ground Dried Ginger
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp. Allspice
For each drink (using the mixture above):
- Brewed strong coffee of choice
- Slightly Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Dark Chocolate Shavings
For the mixture:
- Combine the pumpkin spice mixture ingredients in a blender on high for 30 seconds. For a smoother mixture puree for a few minutes to get it to your preferred consistency.
To make an individual drink:
- Pour 1/2 cup of mixture into a large mug.
- Microwave for about 20 seconds and then add 1 cup of brewed coffee and stir
- Add a nice topping of whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon and chocolate shavings.
Storing the extra mixture:
You’ve made enough mixture to make about 7-8 individual coffees. You can store this in a sealed container in the fridge. When you are ready to make another coffee just take it out of the fridge and shake the jar/container and repeat the assemble instructions above. The pumpkin spice mixture will keep for about one week in the refrigerator.
Checkout A Farmgirl’s Dabbles for other great recipes.
This story originally appeared on Simplemost.