No matter the time of year, salsa is always a great food to have on end. You can eat with chips and other vegetables, add it to homemade tacos or burritos, use some for your eggs… the options are endless.
And if you thought salsa couldn’t get any better, you’re going to need to try it with mango. This mango and lime salsa has a tropical twist, and once you whip up a batch, you’ll be wondering why you didn’t add this fruit to your salsa sooner.
To make this special salsa, you’ll just need your standard salsa ingredients like tomatoes, onions, and cilantro, but you’ll add in some mango and lime for some sweet and tangy flavor. This recipe is a mild version, but if you’re feeling bold, you can always add in some jalapeños for a spicy kick.
Making this salsa is super easy, so you never have to worry about buying the jarred version again. Plus, it makes a great party appetizer if you’re having guests.
- 1 mango, diced
- 2 small/medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Dice all the ingredients. For the tomatoes, remove out some of the juice by patting the tomatoes and seeds so they are not as runny.
2. Mix together ingredients in a bowl.
3. Let marinate for at least 45 minutes. When you’re ready to eat salsa, mix again once before serving. Serve with fresh-baked tortilla chips.
Check out these fresh baked tortilla chips to complete this tasty snack!