If you have various boring, white ceramics collecting dust around your house or camping out in boxes in the attic, try this fun and easy craft to give them new life.
This is also a really fun activity to do with kids as it’s not too messy and allows them to experiment with colors. Simply visit your local thrift store and pick up a few items if you don’t have any at home. I think it would also be fun to try this with glassware as well – how neat would a flower vase look with some eclectic colors?
- Plastic tub (at least 8” deep)
- Ceramic items
- 1-3 nail polish colors
- Clear acrylic spray
- Paper towels
- Add warm water to your plastic tub (enough to mostly submerge your object without touching the bottom).
- Gently pour nail polish color(s) of your choice into the bowl.
- Use a toothpick to gently swirl the colors.
- Dip the object into your mixture.
- Place on towel to allow nail polish to dry (3-4 minutes).
- Gently pat dry with paper towel.
- Finish by spraying with clear acrylic spray.
Tip: It is not recommended to eat food off these items. If they become dirty, we recommend you hand wash them; they are not microwave or dishwasher safe
Pin it for later: