Thousands Of Crib And Toddler Mattresses Recalled Because Of Fire Hazard
Check to see if your child sleeps on one of these.
Here is an important note for parents: Dream On Me, the popular manufacturer of baby and toddler items, is recalling more than 23,000 mattresses for repair.
The crib mattresses were sold at Amazon.com, Wayfair.com, Kohls.com, Walmart.com and ToysRUs.com. They retailed for $40 to $90.
The affected items were sold between January 2016 and December 2016.
Which Mattresses Are Being Recalled?
The entire list of 10 recalled crib mattresses is listed below.
1. 5-inch Foam Crib & Toddler Bed Quilted Standard Mattress (5B5)
2. Convoluted Orthopedic Inner Spring Standard Crib & Toddler Mattress (150C)
3. Visco Pedic Innerspring Standard Mattress inBlue star (150V_1)
4. 88 Coil Inner-Spring Crib and Toddler Mattress (88)
5 & 6. 5-inch Thick Round Crib Mattress (40R1) and 5-inch Round Crib Mattress (42R)
7. 6-inch Firm Foam Crib and Toddler Mattress (6E6WL)
8. Sweet Dreams Coil Spring Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress (87-BG, 87-PK)
9 & 10. Évolur Sleep Ultra Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress (EV849) and Évolur Sleep Deluxe Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress (EV850)
If you suspect you bought one of these mattresses, but are not sure, don’t worry. It is easy to confirm if your child’s mattress is on this list.
First, look at the tag imposed on the top of the mattress. It will state the model number.
Then check the number against this list (below) from the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, which provides the model numbers for each of the recalled mattresses from Dream On Me:
|Mattress||Color/Print||Model||Date of Manufacture Range|
|Évolur Sleep Ultra Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress||white||849||between January 1, 2016 and December 19, 2016|