Disney Released The Recipe For The Toy Story Land Grilled Cheese So You Can Make It At Home
This is not your average grilled cheese sandwich!
Disney parks and resorts across the globe have been forced to shutter temporarily due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but that hasn’t stopped Disney fans from making their own Disney magic at home — particularly in their kitchens.
Through a new website, Disney Magic Moments, Disney has been sharing stories, videos activities and (most importantly for those of us obsessively quarantine cooking and stress-eating) recipes. They started off with sweet treats — first their famous churro bites, then a simple three-ingredient Dole Whip.
Now, if savory comfort food is more your style, you’re in luck, because Disney has just released the official recipe for a decadent Three-Cheese Grilled Cheese, just like the one served in Toy Story Land at Walt Disney World.
The recipe for this ooey-gooey sandwich comes from Woody’s Lunch Box at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. To make it, you’ll need three kinds of cheese — double Gloucester or cheddar, provolone and cream cheese — plus artisan bread, heavy cream, mayonnaise, minced garlic and coarse salt.
Cream cheese, cheddar or double Gloucester, heavy cream and salt get combined in a food processor and spread between two slices of artisan bread topped with cheddar and provolone. Slather the garlic spread made from minced garlic, mayonnaise and salt on either side of the sandwich before grilling it in a large skillet until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.
Serve your sandwich just like they do at Woody’s Lunch Box with a side of potato barrels (aka tater tots) or a cup of tomato soup for dunking.
Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich from Woody’s Lunch Box at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded double Gloucester or cheddar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich
- 8 slices of artisan bread
- 8 cheddar cheese slices
- 8 provolone slices
- For the Cream Cheese Spread: Combine cream cheese, double Gloucester or cheddar, heavy cream and salt in food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- For the Garlic Spread: Combine mayonnaise, garlic and salt in small bowl and stir until blended. Set aside.
Make the Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich:
- Lay out artisan bread slices on parchment paper or large cutting board.
- Place 2 slices of cheddar on 4 of the bread slices. Place 2 slices of provolone on remaining bread slices.
- Equally spoon cream cheese spread on slices with provolone. Gently smooth cream cheese spread over each slice.
- Press cheddar side and provolone side together.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, until hot.
- Brush both sides of the sandwiches with garlic spread.
- Grill sandwiches for 2 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
Have you been recreating your favorite Disney recipes at home?
This story originally appeared on Simplemost.