If you’re looking to freshen up your weekly salad routine, you need to try this healthy and delicious Chopped Sriracha Lime and Chicken Salad. The entire recipe uses fresh ingredients, so you know it has less sodium and fat than something processed and pre-packaged.
If you live in a small apartment, you don’t need a grill to make this taste great—simply whip out your handy George Foreman or cast iron grill pan to get the seared effect. My husband and I personally LOVE this 10″ cast iron grill pan—it perfectly fits a pair of chicken breasts, steaks or pork chops. Sear your meat for a few minutes on each side and pop in the oven to finish).
Anyway, back to this scrumptious chicken salad. Follow the simple and easy recipe below for a salad that you’ll want to make every week.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 8 pineapple slices
Sriracha Lime Marinade
- 3 tbsp. Sriracha
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup organic grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
Lime Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tsp. raw honey
- Dash sea salt
- Gently pound chicken to an even thickness, about 1/2″ thick.
- Whisk together dressing, taste, and adjust seasoning as desired (i.e. more lime, additional sea salt, additional vinegar). Place in fridge until ready to use.
- Mix Sriracha and lime marinade in a bowl. Add chicken, mix, cover and put in fridge for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Turn grill to medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to grill; cook 6-9 minutes on each side (4-7 min on a George Foreman).
- Add pineapple to grill; cook 2-3 minutes on each side (2-4 min on a George Foreman).
- While chicken and pineapple are grilling, chop lettuce, avocado, tomato, and red onion and add to serving bowl.
- Once chicken and pineapple are finished cooking, cut the chicken, assemble the salad, drizzle on dressing and enjoy!