Your wedding day is one of the most special days of your life. It’s supposed to feel magical and be unforgettable. Well, this bride definitely nailed the “unforgettable” aspect.
Christine Jo Miller was nearly blinded after suffering an allergic reaction from the flowers in her wedding bouquet. She somehow managed to make it through the ceremony, despite her serious condition. And now, Christine and Jon Miller are getting a very special wedding re-do at the most magical place on earth—Disney!
It all started when the soon-to-be Mrs. Miller and her bridal party picked flowers from her backyard in Nebraska to create her bouquet and other flower arrangements for the big day. They stayed up all night making sure the bouquets and flower displays were prepared. The next morning, the bride-to-be started her day off as usual, by washing her face. But because sap from the flowers were still on her hands, she immediately began to have an allergic reaction.
“I washed my face the next morning, and that’s when it started,” the bride told Inside Edition. “I was in so much pain. Nobody knew what to do.”
The culprit? A white and green flower called snow-on-the-mountain, which are apparently poisonous and contain a toxic sap.
Her eyes began to swell, her skin broke out in a rash and, eventually, her vision began to blur. But she decided to follow through with the wedding and head to the emergency room immediately after. The couple told the story of the day to Inside Edition: