Chicken Parmesan Casserole Will Be Your New Favorite Chicken Recipe (Video)
We always have leftover chicken in our household, but there’s only so many chicken sandwiches you can make and eat without getting sick and tired of it! This Chicken Parmesan Casserole is absolutely delicious, and will use up all of that leftover chicken from yesterday’s dinner.
This is one of those “dump” meals, where you throw all your ingredients in one dish and get cooking! All you need to do is add some marinara sauce, cheese galore, top it all off with some herbs and spices to get the flavor going, and of course add some panko breadcrumbs for that crunch you know and love from chicken Parmesan. This dish is yummy alongside cooked spaghetti or with garlic bread.
- 4 cups fully cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
- 1 jar (28 ounces) marinara sauce
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh parsley and basil, chopped, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Layer the chicken in the bottom. Dump in the marinara sauce and mix with the chicken.
- Next, top with both cheeses until all the chicken is covered.
- In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, olive oil, fresh herbs and a dash of salt and pepper together.
- Sprinkle the seasoned breadcrumbs over the top.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden on top and bubbling on the sides.
Written by Tijani Jackson and originally published on Shared.
This story originally appeared on Simplemost.